Wednesday 5 February 2020

ONE NIGHT AT SUN CITY - A TOUR GUIDE'S VIEW.


After saying goodbye to my guests at The Palace of the Lost City Hotel in Sun City I can not help feeling a little jealous that I do not get to stay at this magical & majestic hotel.
With it's luxurious rooms, out of this world architecture & professional service it is the envy of any traveller.

This is short lived as I turn into my own destination for the evening, The five star Cascades Hotel.

As so many times before the porter opens the sliding passenger door of our tour bus with a smile and with a clear question mark on his face he asked me where my tourist are.

I find myself proudly announcing that this time around I am the tourist checking in. With that he still off load my luggage with a smile as if I was the queen of England before she lost some of the royal family to Canada, while another friendly gentleman offers to park my tour bus as if it was a new Mercedes-Benz from one of the upmarket neighbourhoods in Johannesburg.

Travelling in the elevator to the 12th floor I feel like an Chinese tourist taking pictures of everything, but also with the knowledge that for me, unlike the Chinese, Carona is just a drink.

Opening the door to my luxury suite I wait for the flashing camera lights of the paparazzi as this room can only be for a super star. But the only flash I do experience is the automatic sensor switching on the lights and it reminds me of that magical 5seconds after the end of loadshedding when all your appliances automatically switch on again.

After a long day on tour I relax with a hot shower and take full advantage of the complimentary shampoos & shower gel and after reading the easy to use 3page manual I manage to create that perfect cup of coffee in my room that will make George Clooney jealous.

As a guide working mostly in the bush it takes another manual for me to switch the television to movie channels and like a 5 year old boy I jump on to my King size bed.

Finally it is time for dinner and as I enter the upmarket restaurant I realise that my full safari gear might not have been the best choice for this venue but as the perfectly prepared steak melts in my mouth I could care less.

After dinner I take a relaxing walk through the beautiful gardens of my hotel making my way to the private swimming pool for a late night swim. (Yes mom I did keep my clothes on.)

I travel all over our continent and that means many nights away from home but with the friendly staff at Sun City I can not help feeling at home.

Thank you Sun City Resort for a amazing experience and you will host my guests again soon & this time I am bringing along my golf clubs to enjoy the two world class golf courses.

*This is not my photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment