Sunday 9 February 2020

YOU HAVE TO LOVE BIRDERS.


With the opening of the gates at Lowe Sabie in this magical place called Kruger National Park we depart for our first game drive & one can feel the anticipation building in our vehicle.

This is the first day of a 10 day safari with 13 international birders from Denmark & for most of my clients their first experience in the African bush.

I bring our vehicle to a sudden stop and with that the international paparazzi in the back jumps in to action.

Before I can say or explain anything guests are fighting each other to get the best position at the limited windows available in our Toyota mini bus and it reminds me of a Black Friday Sale in one of our major cities around South Africa.

Camera filters are changed and changed again. Non photographers try to get out of the way of that "perfect shot" by crawling around on the floor like a scene from Saving Private Ryan, hoping to catch a glance of the amazing sighting in between the camera action.  Advice are given to some clearly irritated husband by their significant others on how to sit or stand and even on how to pull in their tummies in the process.

Not sure if the European Roller on the left hand side of our vehicle is even aware of all this attention but clearly enjoy the sunshine on another perfect winter’s day in Kruger National Park.

In between the sounds of camera shutters in action they constantly remind each other to keep their voices down. Some of them still trying to figure out how I saw it so high up in the tree.
It is at this moment when I use my opportunity to point out the seven lions on our right hand side sleeping in the grass about four meters from our vehicle and the reason why I stopped in the first place.


#lovemyjob

1 comment:

  1. Hahahaha you had me laughing out loud! Sych a good description I could just see everything going on in the bus.....

    ReplyDelete