Sunday 2 February 2020

HOW NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS WHEN ON SAFARI.

HOW NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS WHEN ON SAFARI.

We finish dinner around the camp fire in Kruger National Park and as I look at the amount of dirty dishes I wonder what happened to the other 12 people that apparently had dinner with us tonight.

Secretly reminding myself to thank the friendly cleaning ladies, that will take care of this mess tomorrow morning, with something extra.

My guests finish another bottle of wine from their now extended family the Four Cousins and with that they make their way to their different chalets and I can not help thinking of the Penguins on Boulders beach making their way into the ocean.

With that I depart to my own hut totally exhausted after another perfect day in this magical place I call my office stopping on the way to admire the stars on this clear winter evening.

A bit upset with myself that I did not lock the door I enter my room too tired to switch on the light and kick off my shoes like a groom on his wedding night as I practise my Magic Mike move on my belt with only one hand.

That is when I hear a deep voice coming from the bed demanding me to exit their room immediately.

I slowly feel the life returning to my body as the demanding words of the deep voice still eco in my ears.

In the dark I gather my shoes and without replying I exit the hut like the flash on steroids.

In my line of work I have faced many dangerous animals in the bush but non as dangerous as a man half awake half a sleep when a complete stranger enters his room in Kruger National Park while undressing.

The following morning I avoid my “crime scene” by taking a 2 mile detour to collect my guests for breakfast.

After my second cup of coffee and questions from my guests on Rhino poaching the incident of the night before is quickly forgotten. We depart on another adventure in paradise and after only twenty minutes we find four vehicles in the road clearly enjoying another great sighting.

We approach with caution and like spectators at Wimbledon we start the search for what ever the other vehicles are looking at.  As we can still not see anything I open my window and ask the gentleman in the car next to us what they are looking at.

It is then I hear that very familiar voice, the voice in the darkness, the voice from the night before. I do not listen to a word he is saying as the only thing I can think of is if he recognize my face. I thank him with a smile and quickly close my window. I can clearly see the anticipation on the faces of my guests. I quickly explain that I could not understand the gentleman  as he spoke one of the other 11 languages and move two cars past his to continue our search from a better view.

#lovemyjob

➤➤➤PLEASE SUPPORT US DURING COVID_19


*This is not my photo.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! Let me know if you would like some more of my stupid stories!

      Delete