Thursday 30 January 2020

CAMPING WITH CHILDREN.

Camping in the Kruger National Park is like seeing your mother in law departing after a 3 week visit...magical!

Camping with 13 international school children; something totally different.

We finally settle down after pitching 7 tents in Skukuza ending a very long but successful day exploring this piece of heaven on earth.

I advise everyone to please check their sleeping bags and shoes for scorpions and spiders and with that most of them disappear in to their tents. The leader of this group is a tall young man with bright red hair witch I started calling Flame Lily as I could not pronounce his French name the correct way.

He stays seated and eagerly explain to me that he bought a plastic snake in the shop that he is now going to unleash on his innocent victims in the tent nearest to where we are sitting around the fire. One thing that Flame Lily did not know is that I saw him buying the snake and bought one of my own.

He then continue with his plan by sliding his hand into his bag to grab the snake. With that I reveal my own snake asking him if this is what he is looking for. As he is already holding on to his snake in his bag he reacts to the situation by disposing of the bag and running into his tent without using the opening where the door is, dislodging all the tent pens in the process and dragging the tent along while he continues running in to the darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment