Sunday 1 March 2020

THE ENDANGERED KANGAROO FINALLY FOUND IN KRUGER PARK.

It is the start of day 3 on safari with my new guests from the United State of America. The family of four arrived back from the sunrise game drive with the rangers from Kruger National Park. As they disembark from the open vehicle I notice the way they are dressed and can only hope that their rescue mission in Antarctica was a success.

As I hand them coffee you can almost see them defrost like my fridge during load shedding. The two 6 year old terrorists that complete our travel party, eagerly explain to me what they have seen and I can not help smiling as the names Zazu, Mumfasa, Simba & Pumba are regularly used as reference!

Hearing the excitement in their voices & looking at their dirty but happy little faces I realize how fortunate I am to be calling this amazing destination my office. An office to be proud of. A office to be shared and enjoyed by people from across the world and across different cultural backgrounds.

A office that we need to respect and preserve for future generations like my two little friends in front of me. It is ours to enjoy but also ours to protect and preserve. Respect each other when visiting Kruger National Park and let’s work together to ensure this part of paradise stays in tacked to create many more stories like this one.

After a breakfast that would deffinatly not make the top 100 on a Vegan friendly restaurant menu we depart on another safari in our own private open vehicle.

The amount of traffic between Satara & Skukuza camps reminds me that is school holiday time in South Africa. I’m talking about Paul Kruger & the history of the park when I suddenly hear “STOP” coming from the back seat like a traffic officer on his first day on the job.

I bring our vehicle to a complete stand still and start backing up. “What did you see mam?” “There; about 50 yeards in behind the bush.” Another car stops in front of us looking in the same direction to witch my lady passenger and the car behind us are now pointing. I move a bit forward again while all 4 my passengers are now franticly looking into the distance with binoculars. Another car arrives and all 4 vehicles are moving back and forth as if we are looking for a  parking spot in Menlyn shopping centre at the end of the month.

 “Can you see it again mam?” “Not sure” she replies. “ What did you see mam?” “I’m sure I saw a kangaroo!” With that I slowly open my third energy drink for the morning and  pull away from the now 5 vehicles surrounding us while I smile and wave and mentally start preparing myself for the rest of our safari.


#lovemyjob

➤➤➤PLEASE SUPPORT US DURING COVID_19


No comments:

Post a Comment