Wednesday 25 March 2020

CRIME IN KRUGER NATIONAL PARK

It is another perfect and peaceful Sunday afternoon in this magical place called Kruger National Park. I am woken up from my short and well deserved afternoon nap with the words many guide fear! “We have been robbed!”

 I follow my guest back to her chalet at a pace that remind me of the 8km Olympic walk and as I enter the chalet I find all their belongings scattered all over the room. Reminding me of my teenage daughter’s room just before a first date. Even the freezer was not left untouched by these monsters!

I immediately think back to the suspicious looking man staring at us from chalet number 45  could it be him?   Then I hear a noise coming from the bathroom! Wait there it is again! How arrogant of these savages still being here even with us nearby! I arm myself with Africa’s most dangerous weapon; a kitchen broom; convinced that I will bring down the South African crime rate by at least one percent today.

I slowly open the door hoping to maybe still catch this culprit off guard. I raise my weapon of mass destruction slowly, ready for any attack from his side.  It is then with more amazement than surprize that I stare deep into the eyes of the vervet monkey sitting in the corner of the shower enjoying the sandwiches we hand for lunch the day before and with that the little fellow decides to depart as if he is a government worker on a Friday afternoon, slowly climbing back out of the window that was left open by my guests. 

Friends during these challenging and difficult times for so many people around the globe it is good and very necessary for us to also laugh & look back at fun times during a safari. But today my heart and prayers go out to every tourist guide and ranger in South Africa. For most of them like myself there will be no income during the almost world wide lock down.

If you enjoyed all my stories over the last couple of months made possible by international clients visiting this amazing part of heaven on earth, keep on sharing them please and if you feel you want to support us getting through this uncertain time so we can create other stories like this to share please follow the COVID_19 support  fund link below to donate just 5$ via PayPal or if you would like to advertise your business on this page or on our Instagram page reaching more than 8000 people a week just drop us a e-mail.

We in the tourism industry in South Africa and all over the world will survive without a doubt and stand up stronger together & for my stories, I will keep on sharing for many years to come.

Stay safe, stay home & God bless all of us!

#lovemyjob 



2 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL PLACE WE WILL GO BACK FOR ANOTHER VISIT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contact us when you are ready and all of this is over.
      Stay safe.

      Delete